Friday, March 26, 2010

It ain't pretty, but it works...

I'll probably look back at this some time very soon and realize how bad this really is, but I figured I'd post it anyway. What we have here is the 1st data file collected on the ISX. I basically took the field service guys' test cells (which happened to be fixed K562s) threw a few microliters of PI on them and stuck it on the instrument. No incubation, no RNAse, no knowledge of how the cells were actually fixed (PFA, Methanol, other), no real clue on how to operate the instrument whatsoever. So, you can sort of understand my mild level of excitement that I actually got a somewhat discernible cell cycle profile. I collected the data using the Inspire software, and the shot it over to the analysis computer with the IDEAS program and played around a bit. I did a few screen grabs and made a layout in paint (that's why the resolution of the images is so poor) and displayed it below. If you squint really hard, you can see a G1, G2 and S-phase profile, and then I grabbed a representative image from those 3 groups to confirm they were actually G2 cells. I was even able to do a pretty good job of excluding aggregates. So there you go folks, it works. I guess we'll keep it.